Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ma

This is a layout I did for a challenge over at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ It is a photo of my Grandmother Edith Jane Madden or Ma as we used to call her. I have hidden journalling that basically says that unfortunately my Memory of Ma is a Cranky Old Lady that used to poke me with her walking stick. (Ma used to live with us when she was very old and I was only a young girl) Also I have a memory of running down to get the mail at her house "The Glen" I had a hat on with a tassel on the top and I was swishing my head back and forth pretending it was a pony tail and a magpie swooped down and pecked me on the head! I used to like going up the paddock to my Uncle Harry's and Auntie Molly's (My Mum's brother) and feeding the lambs with Milk in a bottle with a teat. Auntie Molly had curly hair. I remember I liked them . So that is the memories I have connected to my Grandmother. It's good to document them as otherwise they would be lost, even though I don't have a lot of memories from my childhood its good to get down the threads we have and it's all part of our life story.




The PP is Kaiser  the range is called "Sweet nothing Collection"  The chippy is from Scrapmatts, I made the flowers with Satin Seam binding from Craftqueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/, also from Craftqueen, the little blue and yellow rosettes, and the blue lacy edging ribbon and the yellow ribbon, I have used Kaiser pearl brads for the centre of my flowers, Hat pin from Tattered Inspirations, http://tatteredinspirations.blogspot.com/,  Lace around bust found at my Mum's, Lace in bottom right hand corner from the going away top I wore on my Wedding Day. I have also used Prima Packaging at the side of the photo. So that's it. Thanks for popping by, it is a rainy, windy , miserable day here, perfect for scrapbooking :)
Hope your week is fabulous, thanks for popping by


Hugs
Mary x

8 comments:

marysunshine said...

Mary, I loved reading about your grandmother, my grandmother was also cranky. You did a beautiful job creating this page.

Annette Edmonds said...

Beautiful page Mary, love the journalling, how great to be able to recall those memories, and with so much detail.
Embellies are so pretty and you have used them to make a really gorgeous page, love all the little touches you have added to make them your own, hugs xo

Janice Nicholls said...

Great memories Mary. Beautiful page love all the embellies, and it is a great photo too.
Have a wonderful week. :) x

Jenny said...

Another beautiful page Mary... I loved reading about your memories too... so good to document.. I could almost see a picture of you running to collect the mail with that hat on:))
Finally after a week of HOT days and nights... we have had a little rain and there is even a slight breeze... nice :))

Hugs
Jenny x

Jo said...

You certainly have used some wonderfully meaningful embellies on this page Mary, you are so clever :) and such great memories. xx

Lizzy Hill said...

It goes both ways Mary - loooove your work, so it's easy to leave comments on work that is soooo gorgeous. Always:))

Kerri said...

Hi Mary!
Beautiful work and a great memory to scrap! I think all nans were grumpy! lol!
Must get one of my grand mother and father done!!
thanks for the inspiration!
Hugz xx

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

fabulous LO - and I lourrve that pp too! I've already used it at least 2x myself! luckily I have wonderful memories of both my grandmothers, although they both had their 'quirks' -however, I do it is good to have the memories of any family, no matter what they are :)specially nice that you have the photo xx