Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Challenge up at ScrapThatSong

Hello friends


The new challenge is up at Scrapthatsong http://scrapthatsong.blogspot.com.au/ and we would love you to join us and show us your take on the challenge. 
This is my layout for the challenge










The challenge is breakup songs. Being happily married I found this hard to tackle. But decided to do a layout on when my boyfriend at the time Paul,  moved back to his home town and being 9 hours away the song I pined to at the time was the Carol King Song "So Far Away" . Well like a lot of long distance relationships, distance takes its toll and our relationship petered out. My now Hubby saw it as his opportunity to ask me out and  as they say the rest is History. Thirty three years later , 3 beautiful children, two gorgeous grandchildren and a scruffy little dog called....... Scruffy! Thanks Miss Annette http://annetteedmonds.blogspot.com.au/ for the transparency clock, little tuelle rosettes from Craftqueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/, the frilled yellow tulle from the Boxx http://www.theboxx.scrapboxx.com/, I have used CraftersTemplate, Prima "Printery" PP, Prima brickwork stamp, A2Z Scraplets chippy, all from Craftqueen. The Key is from Scrapmatts http://scrapmatts.ning.com/
The girls have done a amazing job with different takes on the challenge, so lets see what unique layouts you can show us!


Another layout I have done for the Challenge at Craftqueen last month http://www.craftqueen.com.au/ The criteria was a  star, the word Happy and twine
So "My Two Little Cowboys"




My two boys, cute as! MME PP "Lost and Found" ECT range Bingo , MME 6 inch pp, and twine From Craftqueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/ I made the little cowboy Bottle top embellie.
Thanks so much for popping by, please let me know you called, I love to read your opinions
Wishing you all sunshine and happiness


Hugs
Mary

6 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I know, I am sooooo blessed with my scrappy space... LOVE the 'love' story behind the song. What a fantastic photo, too...your cowboy LO captures my heart, though. Such sweet boys & MME is so yummy. Great details, like the stitching & those diamonds on the side. Really thoughtful:):)

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

both Lo's are gorgeous, as usual, you are so ROCKIN Lo's and challenges atm I see! so talented and versatile - with everything including your titles, pps and embellies - I ADORE your style Mary xx oh btw remind me I have a story to share about AN Eiffel tower (a feaux one LOL)

Jo said...

Who are those young people in the "so far away" page?? :) Wonderful page Mary xx

Annette Edmonds said...

totally love both pages, how young and carefree you look and how cute are your boys, fantastic details and gorgeous embellies, love all the stars

Jenny said...

STUNNING layouts Mary... just LOVE the photo of you in your 'So Far Away' layout and the boys in their cowboy hats are just precious... loved reading your story about meeting your hubby too...
Both pages are just magical Mary...

Hugs
Jenny x

sandi said...

Oh Mary your lo's are just fab! Love both of them!