Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some Gardening, A Wet Dog and a Layout to Share

Yesterday we decided to attack our Jungle, (I just wish I took some before pics) Awhile ago I planted a Fish Bone Fern near our pond and it had just taken over. It looked beautiful, but you couldn't even see the pond anymore. So I pulled a heap out and replaced in other parts of the garden, and generally weeded, trimmed and more trimming and clipping. Our little dog Scruffy was loving the adventure of it all and generally sticking his nose into everything. While I was using the hose, which he loves to try and catch the water , he over balanced and ended up in the pond! I dragged out one very wet, dirty dog, so bath time for Scruff! He hurt himself as he was limping for the rest of the day.


The view from our sliding door


Behold a Pond!


The big leaf plant I put there ages ago, hubby said I would kill it, looks like its doing alright to me.







That is the Fish Bone Fern after we had pulled heaps out, it was Everywhere. It all looks much better now and adds more light for the other plants. A good job done!

This is my take on a Sketch Challenge over at the Boxx http://www.theboxx.scrapboxx.com/


this is the Sketch


And this is my take,


This is my Husband and his Sister and their Dad at their Grandfathers Property "Greenbank" at Crookwell NSW.
Thanks for dropping by , please let me know you called
Happy Sunday to you all, slow down Sunday!


Hugs
Mary x

4 comments:

WendyMac said...

Fabulous LO Mary (you know I love it x). Your garden looks so lush, green and peaceful. (Can't wait to potter around there one day x). On the other hand our garden looks, dry, half eaten and looks like a day care centre for naughty pups!! He he (lucky he's cute hey?) I have been helping out my mum a fair bit over the holidays with cleaning out jobs she wants done. We make a little tea party of it all - I sit her on a chair with a cuppa and we chat while we sort out some of her "stuff". My friend Leonie is doing really well. Hugs to you dear Mary and have a super week. x

Annette Edmonds said...

wow i never knew that you had a pond, the sound of the trickling water will be so nice, and poor Scruff I do hope that he is ok.
Love, love you page, love all the gorgeous embellies. Hugs and love xo

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

wow! what a huge job - you've worked hard and accomplished - well done. poor doggie, hope he's ok now. fabulous take on the sketch too...I'm not usually a 'circle' girl but yours has turned out lovely. happy week xxx

Kim Ewins said...

Looks fab ...Mare Bear...poor little scruffy boy...hope he's feelin' a bit better now....love your layout for Julie's sketch challenge...great texture. Lookin' forward to seeing you on the weekend, gorgeous...