Friday, February 3, 2012

The Steps BEFORE the Steps

I did this layout for over at Get Picky http://getpicky.blogspot.com.au/ , the criteria to scrap your favourite holiday , and four photo's. My favourite holiday would have to be when we went to Europe for 2 months, and in the previous post I scrapped when we climbed 315 steps to a castle, so I wanted to scrap the photo's that went with this page ~ the steps BEFORE the 315 Steps



Just click on the photo's to make them bigger
Some closies  

A bit of texture 

I have used Teresa Collins "World Traveller PP,  Texture paste and white paint, covered butter from http://soupie75.blogspot.com.au/p/lovelybug-bits-n-bobs.html , I made the flower from satin seam binding  & twine from http://www.craftqueen.com.au/ , I made the bottle top embellie using Teresa Collins image, Sightseeing embellie from Teresa Collins, Hat Pin from http://tatteredinspirations.blogspot.com.au/ ,not sure where the little key is from was in my stash.

Journalling says ~ These are the steps BEFORE we got to the 315 steps to the castle, but look at the view :)
Thanks for popping by, hope your having a good weekend, my day turned out not as expected, but that's another story and all is good now

Hugs
Mary x

10 comments:

Jo said...

A beautiful page Mary & the climb was certainly worth it with those views. I love the texture you have used. Which town is this?

Kaori Fujimoto said...

Beautiful page! I love the texture and gorgeous Colors!

Jenny said...

Just stunning Mary... adore that pink pp and the luscious texture paste... and your photos are so beautiful... love hearing about the places you visit...
Thank you too for the lovely comments you leave me... you are so sweet...

Hugs
Jenny x

Carin said...

Thank you for visiting my blog Mary! So nice to "meet" you :)

Your scrapbook page is absolutely wonderful. I really love all the layers.

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

more AMAZING talent here Mary, love the pps!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work! You have achieved such lovely textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Get Picky!!! :D

Keri said...

Mary, what a beautiful page, I especially love the texture & painting you've done! Great work with the Get Picky challenge!
Also, thanks so much for stopping by my blog via Lizzy Hill & leaving a sweet comment. :)

sandi said...

Love this! The background paint looks wonderful!

Carol said...

love that pop of yellow on the red, so pretty.

Leanne said...

gorgeous work Mary! Thanks for playing along with us..x