Saturday, December 10, 2011

Celebrate the Season

Hello lovely people,

Today I am sharing a layout that Julie Winks http://thewinksplace.blogspot.com/  set over at The Boxx http://www.theboxx.scrapboxx.com/. The Criteria to scrap about a Celebration. I have chosen to scrap about the Celebration of putting our Christmas Tree up as a Family. We always put our tree up on the 6th of Dec, as it is our DD's Birthday and we have a family dinner and then put the tree up together. This year our DD couldn't be home , but never the less we still keep the tradition. We still had a Birthday Cake, we rang her mobile and all sang Happy Birthday to her ( so hope that put a smile on her face when she got the message) Jedd blew the candles out  and her Brothers cut the cake. The pic is of My two Grandchildren and myself putting Chelsea's Christmas Ball on the tree. I made us all our own Christmas Ball , including Scruffy.


I have used Webster's "Winter Wonderland" Collection PP, as well as some Kaisercraft PP, Kaisercraft saying, hand made flower with ribbon from the lovely Susan, Little flower & cream flower  from Craftqueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/,  some hessian and muslin. And the beautiful sparkly bow treasure from my Mum's stuff ( I just had to include it) Stamped some stars on transparency and some messy stitching. Balancing ballerina stamp from MMI, Criss Crossy stamp ~ Kaisercraft. Brick stamp~ Prima , Crafters Template for some little dots down the side with Gesso. Hat pin from Tattered Inspirations http://tatteredinspirations.blogspot.com/

and a closie


some pics from the night

My Grandson Jedd and his Mum make a start

My Middle Son Christopher and Jedd

having some fun

Joe is always in charge of the lights

Jedd always puts the Nativity scene together


Scruffy with his Xmas Ball

Amelia, Christopher and Joe, like to think of unique ways to hang their Xmas Balls

and then Victor trys to out do them




Brothers cutting the B'day cake (bit slack this year, just brought a sponge) which Christopher pointed out looks like a big Cheese Burger in the pic.



Putting the Xmas Star on the top
Our Gran daughter Amelia and the middle son, putting the Angel on, that I made when I was a young girl

The tree in all its glory


Jedd blowing out the B'day Candles

If you are still with me , you  have done well. So I have shared a little of our Christmas Celebration with you.
Wishing You and Yours a wonderful, magical Christmas

Hugs
Mary x

6 comments:

Leanne J said...

that is AMAZING Mary.. i love it.. woohooo...
and i love all the photos..they look like so much FUN....!!!!!

hope you are fantastic..happy days to you....

Jules said...

Wow! What a fantastic share Mare Bear!! :)) I can't think of a better way of celebrating trimming the tree than with cake!! :)) xx

Jenny said...

Fabulous post Mary and stunning layout... love the gorgeous patterned paper you have used... and all your gorgeous pics that you shared... had a giggle about the cheeseburger cake :)) What a wonderful tradition...and so much fun...

Jenny x

Unknown said...

Your layout is beautiful, I love the distressed edges and colors, very nice!
What a fun time everyone is having!! Your tree is beautiful and what a great memory!

Heather Jacob said...

wow what a stunning post .... full of gorgeousness... love your LO and that pic of Jedd with his cake and candle is awesome ... a perfect shot .. hugz x

Jo said...

Looks like you have a fun time of decorating your tree Mary. Love this page & those glitter letters are fabo :)