Today this is a few of the things I have been doing.
Made some shortbread biscuits, I brought the shape cutters a few years ago and have been threatening to make them ever since, so finally I have! Hubby gave them the tick of approval so yay, as cooking is not really my thing. I always have good intentions, and I would love to be a fabulous cook, but I don't really like to do it much.
I thought the reflection in the Xmas ball was pretty cool. When I had finished I discovered the Xmas tree shape on the bench that I had intended to use. I was going to cover them with green icing and add smarties for baubles...... Oh well next year.
I have also been working on a gift for a friend, so here is a sneak pic
I hope she is going to like it.
And a find that made me smile
look what I found for $5.00 at BigW the other day. I just had to buy it, hubby couldn't understand why. Why! well back in the day I LOVED this movie, I thought Ryan O'Neil was so handsome and Ali McGraw so beautiful and oh the scene when they were being snow angels and the line from the movie When Ali Says "Love means never having to say your Sorry" I mean to say how could he not understand why I had to have it, geez
Now I am going to get my DT layout done for over at ScrapThatSong, http://scrapthatsong.blogspot.com/ There is still time for you to join in this month and we would love to see your take on one of the fabulous songs to choose from.
Nicole just dropped me off a couple of crafters templates from craftqueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/ so I am going to have a play with them.
So what have you been up to today?
Cheers
Mary x
9 comments:
Can't wait to see the finished project for your friend... I'm salivating at it already:) Ditto the shortbread. I've been making ginger bread men with the 3 grandies... not sure I actually want to eat them after what I've seen the dough go through!!!!
Hi Mary I know your friend will treasure your gift - looks gorgeous! Well done on the christmas shortbread Yum!! I remember that movie also and yes I too thought Ryan O'Neil was so gorgeous!! He he. x
Yummo shortbread Mary! Cooking new stuff is on my to do list for 2012! lol!
Love your canvas and I remember that movie! Sooo sad!!
Thanks for the lovely card and comments on my DD! Have a great Xmas!
love and hugz
K xx
Oh Mary... I am going to head into Big W... I LOVE that movie... hope there is a copy for me in our store... your shortbread looks just delicious... and love the reflection too... and lovely sneak peeks... am sure your friend is going to love your gift...
Merry Christmas...
Jenny x
shortbread.. its yummy uh.. we still ahve lots left.. o nly because I made too much, lol.
cant wait to see that project too.
Hope your child birthday went well too.
thanks for always stopping by my blog too.. your so sweet.
happy festive season.
x
you asked what I've been doing? well just got home from an awesome relaxing holiday...no TV and no internet ha ha ....those cookies look amazing, well done...I'm sure your friend is going to love that give the sneaks look WOWWWWW, glad to see you like tear jerkers too...I read a book while away ...I bawled all the way through the last chapter LOL
hey Mary I hope yours all have a fabulous, safe and BRIGHT 2012 xxxx
loads of hugs and hearts Mazzi xxx
Have a wonderful and happy New Year Mary.Love your shortbreads and I'm sure your friend loved that gift!
Thanks for your kind comments on my blog!
hey Mary...wow what a year it has been... and a fabulous one too... just wanted to say thanks so much for all your support and lovin... hope you have a fabulous new year...chink chink go the drinks!!!
Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by my blog! Im so pleased that my little challenge is going to inspire your own challenge! Should be fun hey! It will be wonderful to look back on! But I think you have inspired me to do the journal thing with it too! Must find one of those journals!! Thanks Jodi
Post a Comment